Name : Kiazell Chua
Age : 23
Birthdate : 21 May 1988
Zodiac : Dragon
Horoscope : Germini
Contact No. : 9220 ????
School : NYP - ECC Engineering
Current : Full Time National Service - MP
MSN : yuh_kiat@hotmail.com
Monday, April 28, 2008
7:10 PM
My com skills DF.. --------------------------------------------------------------- Chua Yuh Kiat (061134C) Communication Skills – Discussion Forum
PART 1:
This is my third year in Nanyang Polytechnic now. I have made some best friends here and have been with them for about two years now. We used to hang out together, and when exams were nearing, we would study together. They also helped me a lot in terms of my studies. They were the reason as to why I have got the grades which I have never thought I would have gotten. However, in this third year, I was separated from them though we chose the same specialization. And so, I am in a totally new environment with new people now. I felt kind of alone as they all had their own groups of friends. So, this is a change where I had no control over but I need to learn to adapt and make new friends now.
PART 2:
CONTENTMENT: I felt very comfortable as I have had my own friends which I have made two years back. I totally relied on them on everything. We would do our projects, studies and chill out together. Being with them, time just seems to travel so fast without me having to worry that I would be lonely at all. During our holidays, we would barbeque at Pasir Ris Park, catch a movie, dine at some restaurants, chalet and bowling.
DENIAL: Given this new environment now, with new people in a new class, I know I have to make new friends, which I thought should be easy for me. But, it came out different from what I have expected. During the first day of school, I noticed that they had their friends whom they knew since year one, and that it would be kind of difficult to join in their activities. So, I spent the very first day of school alone.
CONFUSION: During the first week of school in the third year, I tried to look around me and realized that the people here were different from my previous group of friends. In fact, everything now seems to be so different from the past. In this class, I felt so lost. I did not know which group of friends I should be with, and putting into consideration that the group which I intended to mix with would affect my studies. It was difficult to make up my mind as I was still unsure about the characters of my classmates.
RENEWAL: I began to be more interactive and know more about my classmates. I started to participate in their activities. And through that, I felt more secure being with them. Now, we go for breaks together, and forming a new group of friends of my own. We exchanged contacts too. I believed that in time to come, I would be freed from being lonely anymore. Not only that, I would have a new group of people whom I can totally rely on as well.
PART 3: I think in order for me to adapt more quickly with less pain, I can try to open up more, especially on the first week, chatting with them about their interests and compare if we have got the same interest. I believed that this is the fastest way to actually make friends, and also I would not have to be left alone.
--------------------------------------------------------------- the end of DF.. so sharing things about today.. monday wasn't a good day.. my morning was bad.. the embedded lab.. ermm.. hopefully this will be the 1st and the last monday i'm ever gonna suffer.. so, it was quite a fast day AFTERALL.. but, did many stupid things.. kan, laz and i were like walking around the school.. to the lib, blk r.. etc... play tic-tac-toe, hangman.. with li fang, pooja,laz.. fun but stupid.. and then during lecture, got to talk to marilyn about the days after swapping of class.. i won't say that i'm fully satisfied.. but like what shu xian had said, pros and cons.. pros-li fang and laz are my "slaves".. LOL.. cons-1st day in the class and i have gotten a rival.. well.. i don't give a damn about it anyway... zzz.. later i will be jogging around my estate... BYE for now.......
p.s. To view my past archives, this is all you've gotta do:
This might be a little troublesome. But, follow the instructions and u will get it done quick.
Just click on any the archive links above and you will be directed back to the homepage.
Click on the "entries" link again.
There you go, the archive selected is displayed! =D